EFBLU European Cup 2 - Patrol Police (Tbilisi, Georgia)
17 September 2018 /
17 September 2018 /
The team of Patrol Police from Tbilisi (Georgia) won our second European Championship for corporate teams “EFBLU European Cup 2” with a 1:0 win in the final match against Empark from Lisbon (Portugal)!
The tournament was played in the Slovenian alpine resort Kranjska Gora and featured the following 12 teams from Slovenia, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, Portugal and Georgia:
- Cinkarna Celje (Celje, Slovenia) - 2017/18 Champions of Štajerska region of Poslovna nogometna liga
- Marmor Hotavlje (Hotavlje, Slovenia) - 2017/18 Champions of Ljubljana region Poslovna nogometna liga
- Helios Group (Ljubljana, Slovenia) – 7th place in Ljubljana region of 2017/18 Poslovna nogometna liga
- Hood Burger United (Ljubljana) - 5th place in Ljubljana region of 2017/18 Poslovna nogometna liga
- MB Aerospace (Rzeszów, Poland) - Spring/Summer 2018 Champions of Liga Firm Rzeszów
- PKO Bank Polski (Warsaw, Poland) - 4th place in Winter 2018 of Legia Biznes Cup
- AD Auto Total (Bucharest, Romania) - 2017/18 Champions of Liga Companiilor
- Andip-92 (Plovdiv, Bulgaria) - 2017/18 Champions of FCL-BG
- SBTech (Plovdiv, Bulgaria) - 2nd place in 2017/18 FCL-BG
- MAGNA (Plovdiv, Bulgaria) - 3rd place in 2017/18 FCL-BG
- Empark (Lisbon, Portugal) - 2017/18 Champions of the 7-a-side Liga Empresarial
- Patrol Police (Tbilisi, Georgia) - 2017/18 Champions of BUSINESS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
The participating teams were divided into 2 groups of 6 teams and SBTech and MB Aerospace emerged as winners of Group A and Group B respectively. The future winners Patrol Police suffered a 2:3 defeat at the hands of SBTech but managed to record the biggest win of the tournament – an impressive 10:1 against Helios Group.
In the most entertaining game of the quarterfinals Empark managed to defeat Romanian rivals AD Auto Total by 4-3. The quarterfinals also featured a Bulgarian derby in which SBTech beat their local city opponents Andip-92 with a classic 3:0 score.
In the semifinals, Patrol Police and Empark did not give many chances to their rivals and defeated MB Aerospace and SBTech by 4:1 and 6:1 respectively. The 5-goal win of the Portuguese players over their Bulgarian counterparts was particularly impressive.
The final featured the teams from Tbilisi and Lisbon - cities with a geographical distance of more than 4500 km between them. The players fought hard in the last game of the tournament and the brilliant long range strike of Giorgi Chanturia decided the outcome and won the trophy for Patrol Police.
We congratulate the winners and all participants in this fantastic event and we hope to see each other very soon!
Special thanks to the local Slovenian organizers Poslovna nogometna liga for their great efforts in the organization of EFBLU European Cup 2!